You've Been Through Enough. Let Us Handle The Rest. Reach Out Now

Enforcement of Possession and Access (Visitation)
Attorney in Humble, Texas

Possession and access (visitation) rights hold immense significance, not just for parents, but also for children. When you share custody and are trying to visit your child, but the other parent is refusing to allow you to, it can be a frustrating and emotionally draining experience.  

Other than hurting you and keeping you from your child, this dynamic also affects your child, who misses out on the opportunity to spend time with you. In such situations, it's important to understand that there are legal avenues available to enforce visitation orders. 

Don't let denied visitation disrupt your relationship with your child. For knowledgeable and compassionate advocacy, reach out to our visitation order enforcement attorney at Elizabeth S. Pagel, PLLC. Call or message us today, and let us fight for your visitation rights. 

How Do I Enforce a Visitation Order?

Enforcing a visitation order can feel overwhelming, but we're here to guide you toward a favorable resolution. Here's a general overview of what the process will look like: 

Understanding Your Visitation Order

First, it's crucial to understand your visitation order. It needs to be clear, specific, and unambiguous to be enforceable. If you're not sure about any part of your order, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll help you review your order and clarify any ambiguities. 

Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution

Before resorting to court action, we always encourage parents to try to work out the problem with the other parent. Mediation is an excellent option to accomplish this. Our experienced mediators facilitate productive discussions between parents, aiming for a resolution that serves the best interests of the child. 

Filing a Motion for Enforcement

If mediation doesn't resolve the issue, the next step is to file a motion for enforcement with the district or county courts. This motion should explain how the other parent is violating the visitation order and request that the court enforce it. 

Court Hearing and Enforcement

Once your motion is filed, a hearing will be scheduled. Both parents will have to attend this hearing, and the court will hear arguments from both sides.  

Gathering Evidence and Presenting Your Case

Evidence is a critical aspect of enforcing your visitation rights. This involves documenting any instances where the other parent has denied you access to your child in violation of the visitation order. Types of evidence can include: 

  • Written Communication: Save any texts, emails, or written notes that demonstrate the other parent's refusal or failure to comply with the visitation schedule. 

  • Witness Statements: Collect statements from neutral third parties who have witnessed the denial of visitation rights. 

  • Official Records: Maintain a visitation diary with dates, times, and details of missed visits along with any explanations given by the other parent. 

  • Police Reports: If the police were called during any incident where visitation was denied, obtain a copy of the report for your records. 

You'll present this evidence to the court during the hearing, and it will play a crucial role in determining whether your visitation rights have been violated. 

At Elizabeth S. Pagel, PLLC, we understand how important it is to maintain a strong relationship with your child. That's why we're dedicated to helping you enforce your visitation rights. If you're experiencing challenges with visitation enforcement, don't hesitate to reach out to our family law attorney.  

We serve clients throughout Harris County, Montgomery County, and Liberty County. Contact us today — let's work together to uphold your parental rights.

Learn How We Can Help

Get in Touch 

Our Approach to Possession and Access Enforcement

We firmly believe in resolving visitation disputes outside the courtroom whenever possible.  

Mediation and alternative dispute resolution methods offer numerous benefits, including less stress and reduced costs for our clients. Our experienced mediators facilitate productive discussions between parents, aiming for a resolution that serves the best interests of the child. 

Mediation in Visitation Disputes

Mediation serves as a valuable tool in visitation enforcement disputes, guiding parents toward a mutually agreeable solution in a non-adversarial setting. This process involves a neutral third-party mediator who assists in clarifying issues, exploring potential solutions, and negotiating an agreement tailored to the unique needs of the family.  

Our attorney is also a certified mediator, and she can provide you and your co-parent with a structured environment that encourages open communication and empathy, enabling parents to work collaboratively on a visitation schedule that honors the rights of both parties while prioritizing the welfare of the child.  

When Mediation Doesn't Work

By choosing mediation, parents can avoid the emotional toll of court battles and ensure that decisions are made by those who know the child's needs best, rather than a judge. But it's not the right path for everyone. In cases where mediation is not an option, our skilled attorney will diligently advocate for your rights in negotiations and in court if necessary.  

We understand that protecting your relationship with your child is paramount, and we'll work tirelessly to ensure that visitation orders are enforced and respected. 

Our Promise: People-First Service

Our approach is rooted in compassion and focused on our clients. We pride ourselves on our track record of successfully enforcing visitation rights, always striving to provide personalized attention and tailored solutions for each client. We understand that every family situation is unique and requires a unique approach. 

Ready to discuss your visitation enforcement needs? We're here to help. Reach out to us to schedule a consultation. Our office is located in Humble, Texas, and we serve clients throughout Harris County, Montgomery County, and Liberty County.

Enforcements of Possession and Access Attorney in Humble, Texas 

Enforcing visitation orders can be a challenging process, but you don't have to navigate it alone. Our experienced lawyer at Elizabeth S. Pagel, PLLC is here to guide you forward and advocate for your rights. Call our Humble firm today to seek the best outcome for you and your children.